Shout out to Danielle for turning me on to "skinny crock pot" on facebook. I'm more than a bit handicapped in the kitchen, so recipes involving my beloved crock pot are appreciated!!
If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you have inevitably read about "chili lime fajitas". They are magnificent in both their taste, and the ease with which they are prepared. I must share the recipe with you now....
* put 1 pound of raw chicken breasts in the bottom of your crockpot
* mix 3 tbls fresh lime juice with 1 tbls chili powder, and then pour over the chicken
* cook chicken on low for 4-6 hours
* remove chicken, shred it, and return it to the crockpot (it's so tender it literally falls apart!!)
* add 1 cup salsa and 1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed) + anything else you like - - I've cut up a green pepper and tomatoes and thrown them in
* mix it all together, and let it cook for 1/2 hour
Eat it on tortillas, or big lettuce leafs. Add guacamole, Greek yogurt, jalapeños and a little cheese. Delicious you guys....seriously!
Go follow "Skinny Crock Pot" on Facebook, and let me know what other recipes you try!! The recipes are in the "photos". It's the first comment on the picture.