Tuesday, January 8, 2019

My Brain vs. Plastic Surgery

As odd as this is going to sound - there is a small part of me that is kind of sad to be having these skin removal surgeries. I've gotten used to this body. I know this body. I know it's capabilities and short-comings. This loose, soft, mess of a bod has become my normal. And as much as I poke fun at my vagina neck and my scrotum arms - and as much as I bemoan when I hear my FUPA slapping against my legs - - I'm also kind of proud of this body. 

This body hung in there pretty damn well when I pushed both of our limits, taking us to almost 500#. This body tolerated those early "workouts" when every damn thing about them made it hurt. This body kept going, and kept working - shockingly never having a serious injury we needed to work around - until we gradually got to this point. 

So all of that might help explain why although I'm looking forward to this next step, my brain has had numerous doubts. This is going to seem so scattered and random - - but scattered & random is exactly what has been going on in my head the last couple of months... 

Do I really need to have FUPA removal surgery? There isn't really that much skin on my stomach... I can totally live out the remainder of my days unaffected by this... 

You have lost all shame. You rock tank tops all summer, even with your scrotum arms swaying in the breeze. Why do you need to cut off the flub? You've survived this long with them - - what's 20-40 more years? 

You are not a girl that lacks confidence...are you? What are doing this for? Who are you doing this for?

Is the cost/pain/time associated with these surgeries really necessary? I mean - it's not like there is something I'm going to be able to magically do post-surgery that I'm not able to do right now. Cutting off my FUPA is not going to make me a marathoner (my knees and hips are shot - - removing a few pounds isn't going to change that). It's not like I can't get out of bed, but I will be able to once I have my scrotum arms chopped off. 

The boobs. Good God! The boobs! This is the part I'm having the hardest time with... I mean...it will be the weirdest to suddenly have boobs after rockin' these crepes for so long. It's not like I went through something traumatic like my brave, strong, amazing friend who had a double-mastectomy, and more than earned herself a set of sweet cans. I bulked WAY up, then shrunk down a bit - and my tits packed their bags and left... Don't get me wrong - having some boobs that are actually where they're supposed to be, should be pretty sweet...but seriously...I'll be a girl who had a boob job (insert eye roll)

Is this just entirely too vain? Honestly. Vanity has felt, at times, like the only legit factor in choosing to go through this. To put myself through the pain. To make my family take care of me. To be "that girl" that was trying to attain a perfect body through surgery. I just have moments where this feels incredibly narcissistic and selfish. 

But the truth is - there is no other way to get rid of this loosey-goosey skin suit. It is not going to magically contract if I just keep applying lotion. There is no amount of exercising on the planet that is going to tighten this mess up. This is quite literally my only option to not have a swaying orb floating around me at all times. 

I share all of this to let you know that I don't take this opportunity lightly. I fully recognize how lucky I am to be able to do this, and I'm 100% committed to making the most of it. I am very aware of how amazing it is to be surrounded by the supportive, loving, kind, entertaining, giving people that I am. 

I am so excited (and intrigued, to be completely honest) to see what we've been working on the last 3 years - because this has been a group effort. There is no way I would be where I am now without you guys helping to keep me going. I'm happy I get to share the good, the bad & the ugly with you.

I cannot fathom what it will be like to actually see what is underneath all of this...flub. I genuinely cannot even picture it. It's mind boggling. 

Now let's see what's next...let's take Natalie 3.0 for a spin, and see what she can do...

Have you submitted your guess for the weight of the FUPA? Do that here: Guess the weight of the FUPA (I fixed the link)

10 comments:

  1. Nat, this has been an amazing journey to watch. what you have shared, the brutal honesty, the pictures I can only imagine didn't come easy. the work you have put in is far more than I ever have and I have never faced your challenges. You truly are an inspiration and should never doubt yourself in these next steps. You may be surprised by what you can do. In seeing what I have seen you are the most confident woman I have ever known or met, or heard of, but I am sure you do have some insecurities, these procedures aren't going to define you, what you have already accomplished and what you will accomplish, who you are, how you treat people that defines a person and even though it has been 25 years, you were and are one of the nicest, sweetest, kindest person I have known. Do this without doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Josh! Thank you so much for this message. It is just exactly what I needed right now, and I appreciate it so much! I am so grateful for all of the positive people that have, and continue to, cross my path. It seems unbelievable that it’s been 25 years, especially considering how young we are! 😉 Genuinely - thank you for your support, and thank you sir staying as kind as you always were!

      Delete
  2. I can understand all your to and fro in your thoughts about your upcoming transformation and I almost look at it as a reward for all the amazing successes that you have worked so hard to attain! I am sure it is something you will never ever regret! I’m so excited for you and will be thinking of you! You got this girl!!������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan! ♥️ I appreciate your positivity and support! You’re fantastic!

      Delete
  3. Do it for you. You have earned it and we’re all here cheering you on! Plus, now we’ll have something else in common! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your cheerleading so much!! ♥️ Your support is appreciated more than you’ll ever know! And I think it’s great we have things in common 😉

      Delete
  4. I’m so very proud of you for your commitment, strength and perseverance all the way through to the final finish line! I just had my VSG 1 week ago. All your thoughts I’m already thinking about when I get to where you are now. However I’m 63. Maybe I could live with the scrotum arms boobs and stomach. Lol. You have the greatest attitude and sense of humor through this! But putting all that aside you’ll be in all my thoughts and prayers on Thur. God speed to fast healing! I did put my guess for FUPA. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate your kind words and encouragement so much! 1 week in - - you're just getting started! So exciting! Stick with it - it is by far the best decision I made for myself. 63 is still pretty young, lady - - you can make the skin decision in a little time =) Thank you for all of your positive vibes. I appreciate it so much!

      Delete
  5. You have worked so hard for your health and a full life! You are inspiring! Damn straight you should rock these surgeries!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle! I'm going to try to rock the shit out of these bad boys! =)

      Delete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com