Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Curves Ahead

I was thinking today about what I want to get from my body. How I want it to look, what I want it to do, what I need to do to get it there. Regular goal-setting does NOT work for me, so I am maybe going to have to try something different. I am thinking a series of pictures, like I'm a 4 year old? Who knows..... It might just work. While searching for some images that might work for ideals of what I'd like my bod to look like...eventually...I came across the picture below. It made me laugh out loud, so I figure I should share.

Truth: it is true that not every man needs a size 0 "stick-insect" (shout out to Bridget Jones!)

if they're good enough for Pierce Brosnan, that's good enough for me
What helps motivate you guys? I am open to any and all ideas! I NEED HELP!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie!
    I am totally impressed! Not only with your Slim to Sexy, but your ability to blog about it!
    Just wanted to let you know!
    If you ever want to do a 5K (or more) let me know and I will do it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what motivates me:

    Being able to shop for clothes anywhere.

    Comfortably fitting into a seat at the movies or on a plane without spillage onto the seats (and the people in those seats) on either side of me.

    Walking with somebody and being able to maintain a conversation because I’m not huffing and puffing.

    Enjoying a slice of cake at a birthday party without anybody giving me the "do you really need that?" look.

    Increasing my chances that I will live to see my 50th birthday.

    Most importantly, feeling good. Is there any better motivator? When I shovel a bunch of garbage into my face or when I lie on a couch watching TV all the time, I feel like crap. Both physically and psychologically. I wouldn’t tolerate anybody else making me feel like that, so why should I tolerate it from myself? I deserve better.

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com