Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stop and Smell the Flowers

A couple of friends and I went to a state park near Nerstrand today.  The plan was to walk on some of the trails and look at the beautiful and colorful blooming flowers.  What a beautiful day!  The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and most importantly - no small critters tried to attack me!  When we headed down our first trail, and it was all down hill - I suspected the trip back out of the trails might be a bit of a challenge (one of my most fierce enemies continues to be any amount of incline!).  We walked down to a really beautiful waterfall area.  We saw some really cute white, yellow and purple flowers (shout out to the Vikes!) but the majority of the flowers hadn't bloomed, yet.  There were some definite hikes up some hills - I feared I was going to lose a lung around 12:28pm - but I survived.  Shout out to Marilyn and Darcy for humoring me, and letting us walk slowly!  I had a few definite points of huffing and puffing like a freight train - but I do recover better than I used to.  Hopefully my cardiovascular system is improving - and I will become unaffected by incline!  Marilyn and Darcy also packed us a delicious lunch, that we were able to enjoy while sitting in the sunshine.  Our personal meteorologist was tracking a storm coming in (so nice to have our own weather tracker!) and my feet are causing me some problems right now - so after lunch we packed it up and headed home.

Since my walk on Saturday, I have been experiencing some pain in the bones on the tops of my feet.  I have heard that this may be some kind of fracture?  I am certain it is nothing serious - and will heal itself soon enough - but it is certainly not a good feeling!  While standing during my grandparents party on Saturday I was miserable.  I felt like I could barely walk on Sunday, without a decent amount of pain.  Today at one point they started to hurt a bit - but by the end of the walk they were feeling OK.  One odd point?  When walking up the inclines, they felt better.  Maybe this is my body's way of trying to get me to use some incline while walking on the treadmill?  Stupid body.
 
I have been watching the Twins while updating my blog - and see everyone enjoying the outdoor field - while getting poured on!  The winds are about 2343 mph - so I am sure it is chilly - but everyone still has smiles on their faces.  I am really enjoying watching them play this season!  It doesn't hurt that they have total cuties, like my boyfriend Denard Span (left) for me to look at!  I think I get to go to a game next week at the new stadium.  I am hoping the weather wants to be warmish by then?  I am definitely ready for a warm up - even though our personal meteorologist has informed me that the rest of this week is going to be COLD!  I hope you all find fun ways to keep yourselves warm! 

1 comment:

  1. I love being your personal meteorologist :) I had a stop and smell the flowers moment too yesterday - sometimes it is just really nice to hear a waterfall every now and again :) Thanks for a great afternoon, Nat.

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com