Thursday, May 5, 2011

I might need to have my eyes checked

It is official. I am off my game! I am typically a pretty observant person, I think. I enjoy people-watching, and taking in what's going on around me. This week, I have chosen to shut all of that off, apparently!

My gym - LifeTime Fitness - closes annually for a complete-club clean. They rotate locations, so it typically isn't too bad. It lasts about 5-7 days, so it is pretty easy to work around. Usually. But Monday, between the cold and the cramps, and the locker room being closed - I must have been distracted. Nowhere did I see any sign or notation that the gym was going to be closing this week for cleaning. That was until today.

Last night my lower back was bugging me. Who knows what I did to it - probably just slept on it weird. It happens fairly frequently. It bugs me for a couple of days, and then it's fine again. But last night I just couldn't sleep. Couldn't get comfortable. Couldn't get settled in. I was also determined not to take any cold medicine (I have some pretty strict rules about meds, and thought I needed to take a night off) so I didn't have that to knock me out. Needless to say - I didn't sleep worth a crap. I got about 3 hours of sleep, and that is not nearly enough for this girl to function properly.

Case in point: I decided that it would make me feel better to hit the gym for some cardio. I pulled up to the gym - and an almost empty parking lot - and headed toward the door. I was in some sort of daze - or maybe it was just my joy over seeing the sun, because I didn't notice the 2 signs on the door telling me the gym was closed. Right inside the door was a large tri-pod holding a large board describing what services were available during the shut down. I nimbly (yeah right) side-stepped it without registering what it was talking about, and headed for the 2nd set of doors. Now you would have for sure figured the signs on those doors would have stopped me in my tracks - right? Not so much. I threw open the doors and finally started to take in my surroundings. Like the fact that the club was pretty much dark. There was no one at the front desk. There were 3 young ladies across the entry way looking at me like I was out of my mind. And that is when I saw it - finally. The sign on the front desk that said the club was closed for cleaning. Good LORD! What kind of zone was I in that I had no idea? So I turned around and headed back to my car. I had just turned out of the parking lot when I realized I forgot to look and see what dates they were actually closed.

I was going to head to a different location, but realized I had forgotten my phone and wallet at home. I determined if I was struggling this much with such mundane tasks I might as well pack it in for the day and try again tomorrow. So wish me luck, kids. I'll be seeing if I can't make it to the next closes club Friday morning - and don't worry....I've already checked to see that they're open.

Here's to hoping that you're functioning better than I am! Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha you crack me up!! is there maybe something on your mind that is keeping you from being grounded?!?

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com