Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sending Out An S.O.S.

Relationships. It is one of the greatest things to come out of starting this blog. Whether it is just that family and friends may understand me better. Or the fact that I am now contacted and approached frequently people that I have casually known for years. Or - and this is the craziest part for me - complete strangers become a very real part of my life. I "converse" with them frequently - and the fact that it is all electronically doesn't really matter. 

I have never met, or rarely see, some of the greatest people in my life. I've come to know them better via email, facebook and twitter, than I know people I see on a regular basis. And there are people that reply regularly to my blog that I wish I could interact with, but I am too dense to figure out how to do it through the program I use. (Please don't hesitate to send me an email at any time - I LOVE getting them!)

I have now discovered an issue with these virtual friends, however. When I don't hear from someone for a while, I begin to worry. Like they are my little sisters, and have gone missing. I know it is somewhat psychotic, but it is true. If there is someone who comments with some frequency on my blog, and I don't hear from them for a while - I start to grow concerned. Now - I am trying to hold this in check right now, because I have been a total slacker, and when I am completely scattered/missing, it is hard to keep track of me I am sure. But now I will make an effort to get back to at least 3 posts per week, so I can rebuild some consistency. 

But there is one lady - Lia - who I haven't heard from in a long time. Too long. She contacted me via email months ago, and I would hear from her frequently. She was also a part of our Mission: Move Your Ass challenge. She moved from Prague (I think?) to Finland (I believe?) - so I am trying to talk my self into the fact that she's just busy getting settled. I heard from her once or twice after her move, but then nothing for the last couple of months. I sent her an email about a month ago, and haven't heard back. This is the problem. I don't really know her well. I don't know what her currently living situation is. I am hoping winter has finally ended there. I am hoping she is well. And oddly - I miss hearing from her. That is just not normal for me. This person that I have never met, I miss. It is bizarre! 


So this is my S.O.S. Lia - if you are alive and well, please contact me. I understand that I have been less than inspirational lately, but I would still appreciate hearing from you. Just to know that you're OK, and to see if you've gotten yourself another Y.C.


Here is hoping all of my followers are happy and healthy. And now you know - check in once in a while, or I worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com