Thursday, December 23, 2010

On The Road Again.....

I am becoming a seasoned veteran at this working out while on the road. I have been back in my home state of Minnesota since last Friday. I have had a number of people who have banded together to help me get my workouts in. I appreciate all of you.

I got in some really early - well...really early to me - workouts this week. I met a couple of my friends at the gym at 5:30am on Monday and Tuesday. After some ridiculous red tape (Honestly! Who would have thought trying to workout would be so much work?!?) I now have a visitor pass, and can go at more reasonable times. I got to go at about 10am this morning, after my doctor's appointment. It was a zoo, but nice to be able to sleep in a little bit!

I have discovered that it is nice to have a friend to lift with - I was joined by a friend on Tuesday. I am so used to throwing on my headphones and doing my own thing - it was nice to have a new distraction of conversation! I have also realized that every gym has it's cast of characters. Today I was entranced by the young man who wears the same outfit every day. For real. I had seen him a few times before I left for Milwaukee, and have seen him 2 of the three days I have worked out this week - and he is always in the same outfit! Gross. But beyond that - he was also doing some pretty significant head banging while lifting, with his tongue out of course. He was also jumping/skipping around like he was in a mosh (spelling?) pit. Pretty entertaining.

I have plans to get my workouts in Thursday - Sunday, so I don't think the holidays should force me to miss a beat. I am getting this down. I will learn to live this new life...eventually. I also tried out a new recipe on my sister and her family. It was a Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac & Cheese from Cooking Light magazine. It was pretty delicious.

I will be missing the next couple of days for Christmas, but will be back on Monday. I hope all of you have a great, and safe, weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You have to be referencing the guy I like to call "tattooed wonder."

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com