Friday, September 24, 2010

"Fat-letes"

Jackie Warner
As another part of my "research", I stumbled upon the greatest weight-loss show ... ever!!  It is called "Thintervention" and it is on Bravo, and it will definitely be my new guilty pleasure!  For anyone who tuned in to "Workout" when it was on a few years ago, you will recognize one Ms. Jackie Warner (fantastic trainer-to-the-stars) as the lady in charge of whipping this rag-tag group of spoiled, rich people into shape.  She always has, and continues to, scare the crap out of me.  She is way more frightening than YC!!  I have only gotten to view 2 episodes so far, but have come across many entertaining happenings and quotes.
  • Stacy wasn't really feeling up to working out, because apparently she was in "Cramp City, USA" - a place most of us ladies have gotten to know well
  • Nikki - an Australian party girl showed up with no sleep, hung-over or still possibly drunk, and proclaimed "I can smell armpits everywhere I go!!".  Which gym-goer hasn't felt like that a time or two?  Nikki was also kind enough to provide me with the term "Fat-lete" - as in "We aren't athletes!!  We're fatletes!"
  • Bryan, who appears to have little or no sense of humor about Nikki's drunken escapades got a little catty by saying she was "out with Mr. Goose.  Mr. Gray Goose."  Meow!!
There is a ton of in-fighting - because let's face it, you can only put so many spoiled narcissists together for so long before there is going to be an issue.  Add to that starvation (diet) and pain (exercise), and it is going to explode eventually!  I fully intend to just sit back and watch the fireworks!

It makes me very grateful for the fact that I only have to worry about myself, and don't have my experience hampered by others.  You can't control other people.  You can't make them have the priorities you want them to have.  You can't make them show up on time, work hard or eat right.  I can only control myself.  I can only control what I do, and how hard I am willing to work.  I now have a whole new appreciation for that!  If I had to work with that pack of nut-balls, I would go insane!  Well...I would go more insane than I already am.

What is your guilty pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com