Friday, September 3, 2010

Laborious Weekend

Now that I appear to finally have regained full-mobility in my limbs, I am feeling like a whole new woman.  I was slightly concerned that the 5+ hour drive back from Wisconsin yesterday was going to do these legs in - but they are doing surprisingly well!  I put in my time on the treadmill, and then got right in the car for the trip home.  I was starving, but determined to make a decent decision (basically - a decision not including a cheeseburger and cheese curds from Culver's) for my lunch.

I decided Subway was my best bet.  A new first - eating Subway in the car, while driving.  Don't ask me why the idea of eating a sub in a car is any more bizarre than eating a burger - but it was.  I just had to suck it up, and power through it.  To the best of my knowledge, there were no major issues.  I got back in time to play with my nieces for a bit - - or rather them ride their hot wheels in circles while each proclaimed she was the fastest and had the prettiest hot wheel.  I got to assemble an amazingly technical "hello kitty" kite - so there were able to fly that with some help from their dad.  They thought it was fantastic, and it grew quite a lot of attention from the neighbors.

I then got to go meet a friend for dinner.  I had a buffalo chicken salad - with a few modifications (grilled chicken, buffalo sauce on the side, ranch on the side) - and it was delicious.  The guy next to me ordered the delicious pizza with the artichoke dip and pepperoni (I know - it sounds gross - but is SO GOOD) on it, and the guy next to him ordered the buffalo chicken salad (with fried chicken - the way I used to get to eat it) - and they both looked so delicious.  Shockingly, I didn't feel the need to knock them off the back of their stools and steal their food.  I guess I really am embracing this "healthier eating" thing.

I was supposed to go for a hike on the trails in Lebanon Hills with a friend today, but the occasional rain showers combined with the fact that it is 55 degrees (SERIOUSLY!!  How does that happen in 1 day?) has required us to rain check that idea.  Maybe my next trip home?  Hopefully.

Tomorrow I have a wedding for a family friend.  I wonder how many calories you burn from dancing?  And I also wonder if you burn more calories from dancing badly?  If so - I will be a burnin' machine tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com