Today I had a class about "eating trigger foods mindfully". One aspect of the class was eating either one potato chip, or one Hershey's kiss - in 4 bites. You read correctly - - FOUR BITES for one chip. Not 4 chips in one bite. I am not going to lie to you - I was pretty excited to have a potato chip. Now, I know this won't be every day - there will come a day where the Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles (seriously - there is no better snack in this world) call my name - but here were my reactions to the Light Salt Kettle Chip I had today:
- Smell: Grease (what is this? I have NEVER had this as my first reaction before!)
- Feel: bumpy, and I can feel the grains of salt
- Look: delicious
- Taste 1: Grease (huh? I haven't had real food in what seems like 100 years, and when I have a chance to have a chip, I taste grease?!??! Maybe this is my brain trying to protect me from making an ass of myself in class by eating the whole chip in one moaning/groaning bite?)
- Taste 2: Grease (well this can't be right.....)
- Taste 3: Burnt grease (get serious! One slightly darker spot is going to taste burnt now? And still with grease?!??! Give me a BREAK!)
- Taste 4: Slightly less grease (well... that was shocking....)
I also felt I should point out some things observed by my group of friends this weekend:
- Matching track suits are really all the rage here in North Carolina. Whether they are velour, satin, polyester or knit. As long as they match, they are a necessity here! No lie - 20% if all women wear them - including some new local ladies who my friends met at an Irish bar on Friday.
- Not only does Marilyn own Tennis shoes, but she wore them out for the day! She claims to own more than one pair. Here is photographic evidence of at least one pair (see right).
- The weather here is awesome. (really didn't need to be stated again - but I felt it was necessary. It is 60+ in MARCH!!)
- The brakes on my car are beyond trashed (it is hard to notice they are loud when it is winter, and you have to keep your windows up, heat on high, and the radio on. Maybe if I'd turn down the "damn radio so I could hear something"
I would have noticed earlier). I am really looking forward to trying to find someone to fix them while I am here. Goodbye money I wasn't planning on spending.....
- The Deluxe Pedicure at Allure salon is divine. (slightly less divine when you put your shoes on too early, and screw up your nail) This procedure also causes Darcy to almost wet herself because she is ticklish. Fortunately, she was able to keep it together.
- Some people in NC don't realize that "bag chairs" have been invented. They opt, instead, for strapping entire lawn chairs to their backs, and going to the park.