Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Immediate Gratification

My trigger finger got a little itchy!  This was supposed to be for Wednesday morning.  Oh well - enjoy!

I am fairly certain that one of the contributing factors to my current size and lovely shape is my never-ending need for immediate gratification. I am hungry now. I don't want to have to wait until I cook something. I'll just run through the drive-thru. Maybe if someone could figure out a way to immediately remove some of my rear when I do squats, I'd be more compelled to do them? I'm making a note to talk to someone about that.


I think I may have discovered my fitness answer to satisfy my need for immediate gratification. I finally took the leap and bought myself a Body Bugg. They are the black arm bands that the contestants wear on Biggest Loser. They are a pedometer, and track your activity minutes for the day, and total output of calories. They have a computer program that you enter all of your info into (age, height, weight, resting heart rate, etc) and then when you wear the band, it tracks your activity. I have been wearing it for a few days, but finally worked out with it on Monday and Tuesday. It is awesome to see how many steps you took, and how many calories you burned, right away!  I think I may become somewhat addicted to getting this information! When I do my weights and cardio (which I have to do Monday-Friday) I am at the gym for 1.5-2 hours. It is so much easier to do that when you walk out having burned over 1,000 calories. I do realize that I burn way more than the average person because of my sheer volume, and it is awesome to see something concrete right away! The only negative I have discovered in the first few days is that when you have a big, loose, fat, granny, flapping arm (see photo) - the strap leaves an visible/attractive indent when you put it around your arm. Other than this smokin' hot look, I am a bit in love. I do realize it is the honeymoon phase, but I am hoping our loving relationship will last for years to come. 

This gadget may be a bit more involved than you guys want, or need. (I love gadgets!!) I think they make pedometers now that will track the calories you burn, also. I think I remember setting them up for a couple of guys at FC. If your goal is to reach a certain calorie burn, or get a certain number of steps in a day, it might be worth looking into this. They got theirs at a sporting goods store, so you may need to go there to find them.

Random Question for the Day: Have you seen the NutriSystem commercials with Marie Osmond in the yellow sweater? My question is: did they take the 50 pounds she needed to lose, and put it in her boobs?!?!? They are huge.

 What do you use to keep yourself on track?

2 comments:

  1. I have a polar monitor, it's AWESOME and very motivating to see it rack up the cals for the week. :) I'm much less likely to order a pizza on Sunday knowing I will undo all of that work I've racked up for the week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com