Saturday, October 30, 2010

SDtS Mission 101: Week 2

This week was really hard on some, while others excelled. Such is life, I guess? Maybe that is directly linked to how much people love their halloween candy? (kidding) But seriously - get it out of the house! =)

Regardless of if you had a big loss, or made your goals 100%, you are conscious of trying to make better choices - right? What more can any of us ask? Well- I would probably ask for french fries and pizza to be calorie and fat free, if I thought it would do any good. I should amend it to - what more can we ask of ourselves? Identify an area we'd like to work on, and be conscious of trying to improve. We can do this! Stay with it! Share your questions or victories on the Facebook wall as you have them. Check it often to help others, and provide support. We have like 40 people here! Let's use the big number in our favor for once! Let's rock this SH*T for realz, y'all!!!!
Natalie
  • Lose ____ pounds to get to 101 total LBs lost (still unknown - still have to find a scale for larger than average measuring. aka: my bod)
  • 5 days a week of weights & 40 minutes of cardio + 1 day of 60 minutes cardio (YES!)
  • Track all calories eaten (still BOO!! Major opportunity for improvement)
  • eat within calorie range (still BOO!! Major opportunity for improvement)
  • OLD GOAL I FORGOT TO SHARE: No booze (yes!)
  • No caffeine (I think NO caffeine seems a bit excessive. I should make it "cut down on" caffeine, which would then be a victory!)
Before I get to all of the results for this week - I have some new people to introduce. We had one drop out, so luckily we had a few to replace him.

The updates are put in (parenthesis) behind the original goals. RNR=Results Not Reported.

NEW MEMBER: Ashley
  • Walk Dog 3x/week for at least 30 minutes each
  • Exercise 3x/week in addition to dog walking
  • Sign up for Yoga to reduce stress
  • Drink at least 6 glasses of water per day
  • Adhere to 100% gluten-free diet
  • Make the time each morning to primp and stay positive about self 
NEW MEMBER: Manny
  • Lose 53 pounds
NEW MEMBER: Hillary
  • Lose 8-10 pounds
  • Walk 3x/week
  • Cut back on emotional eating
 NEW MEMBER: Gela
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • Run at least 10 miles per week
NEW MEMBER: Sarah
  • Lose between 10-15 pounds
  • SHARE: I do not want to gain weight this winter!! Every summer I do well, work out, feel great. Winter hits and I stop exercising and end up watching tv at night and eating. I do this every yr and say I won't do it next year!! Tired of the up and down all of the time. I also want to be sure to exercise at least 4 times a week. Would like to try and start doing some exercising in the morning instead of at night but not sure I can do this....not a morning person.
Carrot Top
  • Lose 50 pounds (Lost 1 pound)
  • Drop 3 sizes (in progress)
  • Exercise 3x/week for 30-40 minutes (Opportunity for improvement)
  • SHARE: Tough week.
    Very busy at work.
    Need to work on balance.
    Eating is half healthy, half bad.
    Looking forward to weekend exercise and Halloween parties!
Mackenzie
  • Keep her weight in 5 pound range
  • Exercise 4x/week with 2 cardio days (2 times this week)
  • Eat pizza 1x/week or less (yes!)
  • No fast food for lunch (yes!) 
  • SNACK : spread crunchy peanut butter on a caramel rice cake - microwave for 20 seconds. Good for vegetarians that need protein!
Linda Lou
  • Lose 25 pounds (Lost 0 for a total of 5 pounds)
  • exercise 2 times per week (Opportunity for improvement)
  • eat at least 5 fruits and/or veggies per day (3 times)
  • SHARE: Candy, no exercise, and limited fruits/veggies - I'm counting my blessings that I was able to maintain and not gain this week. Halloween candy is the devil! 
Nina
  • Lose 25 pounds (Lost .2 for a total loss of 2.8 pounds)
  • SHARE: I am not sure why the scale hated me today, but I lost .2, yep you saw that right .2.  I weighed myself on Wednesday, and I was down 1.5 and I have been really good this week, but you know me, my body and scale tend to not get along sometimes.  I am guessing tomorrow it will be better! 
Stephanie K (aka: Steaming Myself to Hotness)
  • Lose 17 pounds (Lost 1.4 pounds for a total of 6.4)
  • see her clavicles (in progress)
  • SHARE: At first I was kind of bummed cuz I wanted a bigger number, but then I remembered that my goal is 1.5 a week.  And I even know that is going to be very challenging.  So I’m now changing my stance to happy with my progress.  J Hopefully more sleep will help next week – and I only worked out 5 days instead of 6 because of that late night concert!
Dawn
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 1 pound for a total of 2)
  • exercise 4 times per week (yes!) 
  • SHARE: I think it was pure luck!
  • SNACK: I found a new (to me) snack. Popchips. I tried the sea salt and vinegar flavor. I found them in the health food section at hyvee.
  • SHOUT OUT ALERT: Shout out to Molly's cardio dance class, it is a good workout and super fun!
 Lisa
  • Lose 30 pounds (Same weight as last week)
  • SHARE: No wt lost as of yet but none gained. My appt is going back to normal so I'm thinking that I can begin to lose some wt. I'm going to gyn religously so I'm happy about that.
  Jason (aka: Vic Amore')
  • Lose 30 pounds (Lost .5 pound for total of 1.5)
  • travel without the flight attendants commenting on "alleged"hangover into aisle (in progress)
  • SHARE: I wish folding service folders burned more calories!  I did chose a salad from Culver's instead a delicious butter burger.  I am just hoping that I will be able to maintain this week.
Kim
  • Lose 15 pounds (Same weight as last week for a total loss of 1.7 pounds)
  • SHARE: I didn't lose anything but I drank 100 oz of water a day, even while traveling! 
B-Linda
  • Lose 8 pounds (Lost 0 pounds for a total .5 pounds)
  • get 7 hours of sleep at least 4 times per week (opportunity for improvement) 
  • SHARE: I apparently suck at this game. Didn’t think I had a bad week of eating but I lost 0 this week.  The sleep front wasn’t much better, I was near 7 hours maybe 2-3 nights but I don’t think I got 7 any. Maybe my goal for the time being should be to not gain weight. Just kidding. I’ll keep trying.
Kate
  • Lose 25 pounds (Lost .6 pouns for a total of 5.6 pounds)
  • walk 10,000 steps a day (RNR) 
  • SHARE: I’ll take it. Aunt Flo visited this week and I know it’s not an excuse but DAMN she brings the best chocolate! I’ll get on it this week. I’m just glad I didn’t have a gain!!
Melissa
  • Lose 10 pounds (Gained 1.4 for a total loss of .5 pounds)
  • exercise at least 4 times per week (yes!) 
  • SHARE: Although it is a dissapointment,  it is not a surprise to me that this was not a great week.  Although I did meet my  goal of 4 days of exercise, I made terrible food choices.  It was a super stressful week and without making excuses I admit to just eating crappy.  Today is a new day...next week will be better
  • SNACK/MEAL:  A great on the go breakfast Quaker Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies...full of fiber and two flavors oatmeal choc chip and oatmeal raisin!  Super yummy!
cjFh
  • Lose 14 pounds (Lost 3 pounds for a total of 6 pounds)
  • run 151 miles (ran 21.5 miles for a total of 37.5 miles)
Stephanie D
  • Lose 35 pounds (Lost 2 pounds)
  • prepare 3 healthy meals for her, and her family, per week (RNR)
Molly
  • eat clean, with no binging (pretty good)
  • One can of soda per day (good)
  • SHARE: Overall, an improvement
Marill
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 1 pound)
  • be able to wear a tight shirt without a gut (in progress)
  • move a notch on her belts (in progress)
Meg
  • Lose 15 pounds (Remained the same for a total loss of 2 pounds)
  • fit into her "skinny" clothes again (in progress)
  • P90X
  • SHARE: I didn't lose any weight this week but I'm okay because I felt I had other small victories. 
    1. I didn't gain any weight.
    2. I did everything I was supposed to do (exercised and ate healthy meals)
    3. I fit into 2 pairs of jeans that I could not fit into before and one pair of work pants is just too big now.  I think I'll start getting rid of the too big clothes instead of keeping them around.  No need to hang on to clothes "just in case I gain weight"...don't gain weight Meg! (that's my little talk to myself)
    4. Trainer Ryan told me I was starting to "lean out" again.  YIPPEE!

    P90X is hard, but acheiveable.  Now I need to buy dumbbells because I just don't like the bands:( 
CCS
  • lose 25 pounds (Lost .8 pounds for a total of 2.2 pounds)
  • increase activity (RNR)
  • eating treats means exercise first
Ann
  • lose 10 pounds (RNR)
  • exercise 5 times per week (yes!)
  • strength training 2 times per week (yes!)
  • NEW GOAL: Eat more healthy
  • NEW GOAL: Cut down on wine 
  • SHARE: This week has been better.  Have met with the trainer twice to do strength training and did cardio the other mornings.  Haven’t checked the scale yet, I might be brave next week and see where I am at.
  • Ann also has a couple of recipes that she is going to share. I'm going to do a separate blog entry with those. 
Becca
  • Lose 25 pounds (Lost 4.8 pounds for a total loss of  4.6 pounds)
  • exercise 4 times per week (RNR)
  • fit into a size 4 (in progress)
JD
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 1 pound) 
  • SHARE/QUESTION: Exercise  so so this week, and my sweet tooth is in full force! Any tips for that from any of the mission people? The more I try not to have dessert, the more it calls to me. Heeeelllp! :) 
Kari
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 2.5 pounds for a total of 3.4 pounds) 
Marilyn
  • Lose 25 pounds (Lost 4 pounds for a total of 7 pounds)
  • exercise 3 times per week (one)
Milt
  • Lose 40 pounds (Same weight this week for a total loss of 2 pounds)
  • exercise 2 times per week (RNR)
BLUESKYE
  • Lose 33 pounds (RNR)
  • Go to the gym at least 4 times this week
  • Plan Meals
  • Weigh in on Friday no matter what
  • Keep a positive attitude :-)
  • SHARE: I'm not sure if I lost or not. I did get a lot accomplished in organizing...I believe this will make meal planning and general health much better. : )
    I'm hoping to have solid weight loss next week. Wishing everyone well!
Joe R
  • Lose 20 pounds (same weight as last weeek)
  • swim 30 laps (in progress) 
MCS
  • Lose 15 pounds (Lost 1 pound for a total of 3.4 pounds)
  • SHARE: No tips-i cheated all week and it was a miracle that I lost.....
Bry-Guy
  • Lose 10 pounds (Gained 1.4 pounds for a total loss of 2.2 pounds)
Michelle
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost .5 pounds for a total of .5 pounds)
  • SHARE: Woot woot- well hopefully it stays off. 
Rustin
  • Lose 15 pounds (Lost 2 pounds)
  • stop smoking (work in progress) 
  • SHARE: I'm doing a little better from last week, and have been drinking lots of water trying to stay off the pop. I really have 2 watch myself with the beer every Sunday which is hard since slamming them while watching the painfully losing vikes helps with the pain!
SDtS Waseca Chapter (SHOUT OUT!!) 
Members: Camille, Kateo  Patrice (The goals are the same for all members)
  • Lose 15 pounds
  • workout 5 times per week
  • drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
  • eat 5 fruits and/or veggies a day
  • make healthy dining decisions.  More calories = more exercise
Camille
  • Lost .5 pounds for a total loss of 4 pounds
  • worked out 2 times
  • drank a lot of water, but probably not enough yet
  • did well on fruits and veggies
  • SHARE: It is with a heavy heart, and an even heavier bottom :)  that I am responding to you.  The glow of last week (eating well, exercising, walking around the lake, etc).  are in the distant past.  Anyway, not horrific, but not what I would have loved to report. I won the schools "Smart Ones" weekly challenge.  We weigh in the closet of a Kindergarten room on Tuesday mornings and perhaps I was riding the wave of that so that I didn't do as well.  Well no big excuses for the week-end so here's hoping for a better week ahead of me.
  • QUESTION:Does RNR mean results not reasonable or Remus naughty remus??
  • ANSWER: nothing that fun. it stands for "Results not Reported"
Kateo
  • Gained 1 pound for a total of up .6 pounds
  • SHARE: Just a bump along the road
 Patrice
  • Lost 1.5 pounds
  • SHARE: Like you have been on diets forever!! ( I could be the lecturer for Weight Watchers!!!!!!!!) Last July I turned 59 and decided my motto for this year was to be Slim and Sexy by Sixty.  When Deb talked to me about your group, it seemed like this could be the motivation and accountability I need (and it doesn't cost anything!)!!  It took me a while to get going but now I'm ready.

1 comment:

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com