Monday, October 18, 2010

The Introductions

I decided I needed to set a goal for myself. I needed something more than the fact that I "should" eat well, and I "should" go to the gym. I needed a concrete goal to get my ass moving. I put it out there last week, and I am so completely stoked by the response! I now have two very capable cheerleaders - one will be wielding pom poms, and one is overwhelmingly gifted at writing cheers! I was so happy to have the support - and I LOVE a good cheer!

Then something kind of spectacular happened....people kept signing up to join me with completely awesome missions of their own!! Some are going for strictly dropping the pounds. Many incorporated exercise into their goals. A few want to eat better. One wants to quit smoking. Everyone's goals are as varied and unique as the individuals that set them.  Some might not even know they have been signed up to participate (shout out to signing your spouse up!). All of the goals have one common component - getting healthier - which is really what this is all about!  I suspect we might be unstoppable!

I am so altogether overwhelmed by the sheer fantasticness of all of this! I just want to thank all of you, in advance, for joining me! It is so much better to do things as a group that, although definitely in our best interests, are probably going to suck a fair amount.  So thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I am hoping that the participants will feel comfortable sharing with us - what was hard, what was easy, low-cal snacks they found, a new exercise they discovered - when we do our weekly updates!!  This is a judgment-free environment.  We share tips and support.  Trust me - SDtS readers are nothing short of phenomenal.

I am still waiting on information from a couple of people that said they would like to participate, so I will update next week with their information.  Also - if anyone would like to join, you are free to at any time!  The more the merrier for all things SDtS!  You can go as public or private as you'd like - and you can go as detailed as you'd like in your goals.   

And so, without further ado, I introduce to you the magnificent participants of "Slimming Down to Sexy: Mission 101" and their goals:

Linda Lou
  • Lose 25 pounds
  • exercise 2 times per week
  • eat at least 5 fruits and/or veggies per day
Nina
  • Lose 25 pounds  
Stephanie K (aka: Steaming Myself to Hotness)
  • Lose 17 pounds
  • see her clavicles
Dawn
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • exercise 4 times per week 
 Lisa
  • Lose 30 pounds
  Jason (aka: Vic Amore')
  • Lose 30 pounds
  • travel without the flight attendants commenting on "alleged"hangover into aisle
Kim
  • Lose 15 pounds 
B-Linda
  • Lose 8 pounds 
  • get 7 hours of sleep at least 4 times per week 
Kate
  • Lose 25 pounds
  • walk 10,000 steps a day 
Melissa
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • exercise at least 4 times per week  
cjFh
  • Lose 14 pounds
  • run 151 miles 
Stephanie D
  • Lose 35 pounds
  • prepare 3 healthy meals for her, and her family, per week
Molly
  • Lose 6 pounds
  • eat clean, with no binging
Marill
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • be able to wear a tight shirt without a gut
  • move a notch on her belts 
Meg
  • Lose 15 pounds
  • fit into her "skinny" clothes again 
CCS
  • lose 25 pounds
  • increase activity
  • eating treats means exercise first  
Ann Abbe
  • lose 10 pounds
  • exercise 5 times per week
  • strength training 2 times per week 
Becca
  • Lose 25 pounds
  • exercise 4 times per week
  • fit into a size 4 
JD
  • Lose 10 pounds 
Kari
  • Lose 10 pounds 
Marilyn
  • Lose 25 pounds
  • exercise 3 times per week 
Milt
  • Lose 40 pounds
  • exercise 2 times per week 
BLUESKYE
  • Lose 33 pounds 
Joe R
  • Lose 20 pounds
  • swim 30 laps 
Joe A
  • Lose 20 pounds 
MCS
  • Lose 15 pounds 
Bry-Guy
  • Lose 10 pounds 
Michelle
  • Lose 10 pounds 
Rustin
  • Lose 15 pounds
  • stop smoking 
SDtS Waseca Chapter (SHOUT OUT!!) 
Members: Camille, Kate & Patrice (The goals are the same for all members)
  • Lose 15 pounds
  • workout 5 times per week
  • drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
  • eat 5 fruits and/or veggies a day
  • make healthy dining decisions.  More calories = more exercise
 I am so excited to get started on this process with all of you!! I am certain that together we can make positive progress toward all of our "healthy living" goals, and hopefully have some fun doing it!

As Kate (from the Waseca chapter) said: "This is NOT about the race but the journey!" 

Good luck everyone!  I'll check in with you next Friday!  Happy/healthy living to you all!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! It's so good to meet all of the particpants of "Mission 101". Exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to be on the cheerleading squad if pregnant and fairly large - not always cheerful - people are allowed to play on that team. ;)

    Go Fight Win, everybody! You can do it! Lose it if you got it! I'll be working on losing about 40 come January. You can all be so inspiring and help the cause by being successful!

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com