Thursday, January 20, 2011

has the funk finally lifted?

It will likely come as no surprise to you all that I have been in a bit of a funk lately. It went beyond just not wanting to work out. It went beyond just wanting to eat pizza all day. I would have been content to sit on my couch - all day, every day - for the foreseeable future. I didn't want to write this blog, because I had nothing positive to share. Thank you all for sticking with me while I was such a downer.

I think the days of drear and sadness have finally lifted. The fog/funk I've been in are finally letting up a bit. I am feeling like I'm getting back to my old self, and my old motivation...slowly. It is still less than a given that I'll get my rear to the gym every day, but it is also a little bit less of a fight than it was a couple of weeks ago. I am back on track with my eating, and I'm sure that is a contributing factor. So much easier to want to do things when you aren't weighed down by pizza grease. =)

I'm just going to go ahead and blame it on a slight case of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) because of this gray, gloomy, winter weather. Something that can only be beaten into submission by the sun-like effects of the fluorescent lighting at the gym. Now - I do realize this is a complete crock of crap - but I don't really know what caused it. I like to have somewhere to place the blame, in addition to my own laziness - so I don't have to take complete responsibility. 


There have been a few bright spots over the last few days. I believe it is the universe's way of welcoming me back to life. I'd like to share a couple of them with you now:


  • As of Wednesday evening, I haven't had to shovel snow for like 36 hours. A total gift. 
  • On Wednesday I saw the sun shining for like 2 hours. It was amazing. 
  • The people on the machines next to me on Wednesday were not coughing (every 10-15 seconds) all over their machine, like the guy on Tuesday. I wanted to kick him off his machine. Not "tell him to leave" kick him off - - but literally kick his legs out from under him so he fell off. I am still working on my resolution to be kinder in 2011. It is a process. 
  • I survived my extra reps/sets of step ups on Tuesday, and can still walk. It is a miracle. 
  • I made "Eye of the Tiger" my alarm in the morning. It is ass-kicking inspiration.
  • I saw half of my eye candy at the gym on Wednesday. Granted - it was just his back as he went into the locker room - but I saw him. He is back. It is a treat for the eyes.
Have you had any unexpected bright spots? I'd love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com