Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let Me Share Some Knowledge

I had been told a few times that I needed to get on Twitter. I was scared. Scared of what? I have no idea. I just was. I love Facebook, so I don't know why I was so reluctant to sign up for another social networking tool. I finally bit the bullet a while back - at the urging of an old coworker, and signed up. I am now completely addicted. It allows me to follow friends, athletes, celebrities....just about anyone in this world! I even have some guilty pleasures (Shout out to Kim Kardashian. I have no idea why I follow you, because your tweets make me want to kick you in the throat - but I just can't stop)

You can connect, immediately, with all of these other people who are going through the same things you are, have the same goals you have, and share pertinent information. I can also follow various "health" people - like magazines, etc. In the last month, I have marked a few "tweets" that shared interesting/startling facts - and I thought it might be fun to share some of them with you. So here goes.

From: Eat This, Not That!
* APP ATTACK: Chili’s Queso w/ Chips = 920 cals! Eat the Triple Dipper Fried Cheese & save 430 cals.  (Fried cheese is better? WIN!)
* The average American eats 23 pounds of pizza every year! (I think I help bring up other people's average)
* T.G.I. Friday’s Loaded Potato Skins are loaded with 2,070 calories! (Not that shocking... but kind of makes me sad. I love potato skins!)
* Looking to eat 98 g of fat? Try Carl’s Jr. Double Guacamole Bacon Burger with Large Fries. (HOLY CRAP!!)
* Each of us makes 200 decisions a day that impact our weight. (seems about right. I loved it.)
* Papa John’s Garlic Sauce = 150 cals, 17 g fat per tub! (Seems about right)
* 1 c frozen pineapple+1/2 c Greek yogurt+1/2 c milk+1/2 c O.J. = 250-calorie smoothie! (YUM)
* Boredom is one of the most common reason people bail on their diets! (I would have thought it was starvation)
*

From: Health Magazine
* If current trends continue, the obesity rate in the U.S. won’t level off until it reaches at least 42%, circa 2050 (yikes)
From: Life Time Fitness
* The average person loses 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime. Better take care of what you have now! (Ewwww!!!) 

From: Random People/Sources
* SLEEP YOURSELF SLIM: In new study, sleeping 8.5 hours/night=fat loss. Sleeping 5.5 hours/night=muscle loss! -Dave Zinczenko (who is: Editor-in-Chief, Men's Health & Women's Health; author of Abs Diet and Eat This, Not That! series and Today Show contributor.) (you know who you are...non-sleepers!)
* “Fear of failure becomes fear of success for those who never try anything new.” - Dr. Wayne W Dyer
* Exercise is the purest form of pharmaceuticals. Your body will create what it needs as long as you show it some love. - Frado from Biggest Loser Season 10
* "hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard" - Tim Notke'
* My bodyfat has the same steely determination as the dude in the song "Juke Box Hero." - Patton Oswalt

Happy hump day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This week I'm at 5 nights with 7 hours or more of sleep! Maybe less than 8.5 but more that 5.5 will keep me with a little more muscle and a little less fat than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two wins from this post - I am an excellent sleeper so I'm thinking 8.5 hours x 2 = 17 hours a night...ultimately = double the fat loss.

    The 40 pounds of skin comment totally took away my appetite. YUS!

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com