Friday, November 12, 2010

Shout out: Sue

This week has been fantastic. Honestly. I have had moments where I was so exhausted, I was sure I could sleep 20 hours a day if given the option - but overall it has truly been a great week. Here are a few of the factors:
  • I made it to the gym every day
  • I survived my increased weight lifting withYC
  • I got the lawn raked...well, everything except the spot with the mystery skeleton. I may have to recruit my visitors next week to help me.
  • I got the plants trimmed back, and everything else that needed to be put away for winter, put away.
  • I actually ate within my calorie range. ALL WEEK!!! This counts as a small miracle
  • I have cooked nutritious lunches for YC all week (because my poor Vikings lost against the Packers) and didn't make him violently ill. WIN!
  • I feel like I am really getting things moving along with my book (shout out to EB for her never-ending patience with this first-timer)
  • I honestly believe this is going to be the greatest week of Mission 101, yet! I can feel it!
  • I am up to 220 followers on my Facebook page. Awesome.
  • I had a sore throat last weekend, and it went away without turning into a full-blown, won't-go-away-no-matter-what-I-do, I-think-I-might-be-dying cold!
So I have had this totally awesome week, and then I got the icing on Thursday. There is a lady named Sue who works at the WAC. She wears Packer earrings, but is otherwise delightful. =) Anyway....I was walking by the front desk to go get my bag to go home, and she flagged me down. She gave me one of the new long-sleeve t-shirts they had just gotten in. Why, you ask? She said because I work so hard, and she was really proud of me! (I'm sure I was looking at her with my mouth hanging open at this point) Now how does that not make your week?!? I kind of wanted to give her a hug.
I couldn't figure out how to turn it the other way.... I am dense.

This is just one more thing to add to the ever-growing list of reasons why I am going to be sad to leave the WAC. I have been a member of LTF for years. I think their gyms are great, but I am truly going to miss the WAC. It is smaller, it isn't the zoo that LTF is at all times. The people that work there are fantastic (and no - I'm not just saying that because they give me things! They really are!). I knew I was going to miss YC - but now I think I am going to be so sad to leave all of them! Maybe I can form better relationships with the LTF people when I get back - oddly enough, I guess you do form better relationships with the people at the gym when you actually go....that's weird.

For YC's final meal (because the Vikings will hopefully win the next one!) he is having:
  • Greek Chicken Pitas (recipe from my LA Weight Loss cookbook. I forgot how much I LOVE THEM)
  • 1 chicken brat (because he loved them)
  • Mac & Cheese (I guess he likes it?)
  • steamed broccoli

I hope you all had a great week, and have a better weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Is there something wrong with me when that story about a t-shirt makes me weapy? wow!
    On a side note, aside from my freakish hormonal flux, you are a star and people love you even more when you're happy. Can't wait to hear about the book next week.

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com