Sunday, November 14, 2010

SDtS Mission 101: Week 4

Who can believe we are already on our fourth week!?! I guess time really does fly when you're having fun, and getting healthy? Yes. It is true. 

I want to thank all of you, again, for going through this with me. I set goals for myself all of the time, and follow through on them......not all of the time. Having you guys doing this with me, is helping me stay on task! I appreciate all of you. A lot. You are all fantastic. Please remember that - regardless if you hit 100% on all of your goals each week. I've said it a thousand times, and will continue to say it: if you make one change, you are doing something! Don't give up! We can do this! GO TEAM!

I am going to start something on Monday. For those of you that use Facebook, and have exercise as part of your goals - I am going to start reporting what I did for exercise each day, and would like you guys to do that same. I am thinking that maybe the gratification of getting to actually write it somewhere will help me want to do it? And maybe you guys, too? I figure it's worth a shot! =)

Now let's go earn some buns of steel!


The updates are put in (parenthesis) behind the original goals. RNR=Results Not Reported.

Ashley
  • (RNR) for week 4
  • Walk Dog 3x/week for at least 30 minutes each
  • Exercise 3x/week in addition to dog walking
  • Sign up for Yoga to reduce stress
  • Drink at least 6 glasses of water per day
  • Adhere to 100% gluten-free diet
  • Make the time each morning to primp and stay positive about self 
Manny
  • Lose 53 pounds (RNR)
Hillary
  • Lose 8-10 pounds (gained 2 pounds)
  • Walk 3x/week
  • Cut back on emotional eating
  • SHARE: It looks like Halloween caught up with me! And, I have been so busy at work, that I have let things slip. I need to get back to "putting myself first" and eating better and taking time to exercise.
 Gela
  • Lose 10 pounds (Gained .2 pounds for a total loss of .6 pounds)
  • Run at least 10 miles per week (Ran 5.5 miles)
  • SHARE: realized I cannot get lazy on the weekend b/c it's too hard to catch-up during the week! I WILL do better next week!
Sarah
  • Lose between 10-15 pounds (RNR)
  • SHARE: Ok, so I still haven't weighed myself and I know I have too....i am telling myself I have to do it tomorrow morning. So that is the plan! This week was a good one for me! Yeah!! I exercised 3 times and even thought it wasn't my goal of 4, it was so much better than my previous weeks and even though it was a super busy week I still fit it in. I feel very good about that! I still have not attempted a morning workout and still find myself working out at 9pm. I am just not a morning person but would love to be done with my workouts right away. Anyone else not a morning person but still manages to make the am exercising work? I have tried in the past and I just can't get into it the way I do at night! I also did far less snacking at night this past week and that is always my downfall. So all in all a very good week! Keep it up everyone! :)
Carrot Top
  • Lose 50 pounds (Same weight as last week for total loss of 1 pound)
  • Drop 3 sizes (in progress)
  • Exercise 3x/week for 30-40 minutes (please see below)
  • SHARE: Good week so far. I rode my bike 40 minutes and walked for 30.  Have been watching the food intake. Not going near the scale...just trying to live healthily and get a good night's sleep.
 
Mackenzie
  • Keep her weight in 5 pound range
  • Exercise 4x/week with 2 cardio days (2 times - Opportunity for Improvement)
  • Eat pizza 1x/week or less (YES!)
  • No fast food for lunch (YES!)

Linda Lou
  • Lose 25 pounds (Gained 2 for a total loss of 5 pounds)
  • exercise 2 times per week (Opportunity for improvement)
  • eat at least 5 fruits and/or veggies per day (Opportunity for improvement)
  • SHARE: Social activities got the better of me this week. :-(
Nina
  • Lose 25 pounds (Lost 2 pounds for a total loss of 5.4 pounds)
Stephanie K (aka: Steaming Myself to Hotness)
  • Lose 17 pounds (Gained 2.8 pounds for a total loss of 3.4)
  • see her clavicles (in progress)
  • SHARE: I'm bummed because being on vacation this week is not going to help my next week numbers! I had thought I was doing ok because I was proud of being one of 2 people to decline a donut in a meeting. And when I went to olive garden I passed on the breadsticks... I have not been as diligent with my tracking. Thats a place to start. Boo!
Dawn
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 1.2 pound for a total loss of 3.4)
  • exercise 4 times per week (yes! actually 6!!) 
 Lisa
  • Lose 30 pounds (Same weight as last week)
  • SHARE: Well I'm super pissed I gain a lb. So my new goal to reach my goal of losing 30lbs is as follows. NO MORE SALTY SNACKS! WINE ONLY 3 TIMES A WEEK. THIS IS THE ONE THAT IS GOING TO HURT THE MOST: NO MORE RIBEYES.  Leaner meats more veggies. I'm going to keep on trying here!
  Jason (aka: Vic Amore')
  • Lose 30 pounds (Lost 2.5 pounds for total loss of 4 pounds)
  • travel without the flight attendants commenting on "alleged"hangover into aisle (in progress)
  • NEW GOAL: Bring lunch to work every day (I definitely can have some better portion control when I pack a lunch vs. eating everything in sight when I get hungry at noon....)
  • NEW GOAL: Walk/Jog at least a mile a day
  • SHARE: I brought my lunch every day this week! I walked at least a mile 1 day so far this week.
Kim
  • Lose 15 pounds (Lost 4 pounds for a total loss of 4.2 pounds)
  • SHARE: The junior mints have left the building. :)
B-Linda
  • Lose 8 pounds (Lost 1 pounds for a total 1.5 pounds)
  • get 7 hours of sleep at least 4 times per week (3 - Opportunity for improvement) 
  • SHARE: It was a mixed week but I’ll take it. 1. Weight – finally  managed to move the scale, and in the right direction. Lost 1 pound. 2. Sleep – Just managed 3 nights at  7 hours or more…the book I was reading was too good to put down on the other nights where it could be possible for that kind of sleep.
Kate
  • Lose 25 pounds (Lost .6 pounds for a total loss of 8.2 pounds)
  • walk 10,000 steps a day (6 days + weather = YES!) 
  • SHARE: I think I need to stop weigh myself everyday. It can be so frustrating. Wednesday morning I would've been down 10 lbs (total), but Friday morning I find that I'm only down 8.2 (-0.6 for the week). I'm cool with it. It's a loss but what a tease!
    We're having a steps challenge at work, so I've gotten 10,000+ steps everyday (except last night, it was SNOWING! Gonna have to break out the treadmill...pew.) This past week I had a biometric screening which provided me with some fruitful information. They do it every year (at work) so I'm hoping to (or I WILL) change some of those numbers.
Melissa
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 0 for a total loss of 1.7 pounds)
  • exercise at least 4 times per week (3 - illness) 
  • SHARE: This week I have been stricken will a cold/sinus issue which meant that I only got 3 workouts in this week but did manage to stay the same weight as last week.  So, here is to feeling better and a normal week next week.
cjFh
  • Lose 14 pounds (Lost 3 pounds for a total loss of 11 pounds)
  • run 151 miles (ran 24 miles for a total of 80 miles)
Stephanie D
  • Lose 35 pounds (Lost 0 pounds for a total loss of 7 pounds)
  • prepare 3 healthy meals for her, and her family, per week (RNR)
  • SHARE: Lost nothing............hard week:(
  • In Stephanie's defense - she is opening a business this weekend, so probably had a couple of things going on. Good Luck with the stables, Stephanie!
Molly
  • eat clean, with no binging (RNR)
  • One can of soda per day (RNR)
  • SHARE: not good, not bad, bout the same.  Maybe this is my week:)
Marill
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 1 pound for a total loss of 2 pounds)
  • be able to wear a tight shirt without a gut (in progress)
  • move a notch on her belts (in progress) 
  • SHARE: My week was an over all success I would say. I did do a little more sleeping then I planned tryin to get 100 percent healthy. I did not work out and that is one goal for this weekend for sure. I'm finding it really hard with working all day and random nights... softball was all planned so I want to start planning working out too. Maybe that will help. I did loose another pound so I'm down two total :-)!
Next week:
Keep with no fast food
No pop
4 total candies a day two home two at work
And I'm REALLY gonna work out! I have to I feel gross :-(
also I'm tryin to eat healthy lunches!!
Meg
  • Lose 15 pounds (Lost 2 pounds for a total loss of 4 pounds)
  • fit into her "skinny" clothes again (in progress)
  • P90X
  • SHARE
  • I lost 2lbs this week. WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fit into another pair of jeans that didn't fit before:)
  • P90X....I might need to put this on the shelf for now.  I don't feel like I'm getting enough cardio with it. It's a great workout, but when I'm weight training with my trainer already, I think I need more cardio.  At least until I get to my skinnier self. 
CCS
  • lose 25 pounds (RNR this week for a total loss of 2.2 pounds)
  • increase activity (RNR)
  • eating treats means exercise first
  • SHARE: Rough week for me. I'll get back on track and report next week. =(
Ann
  • lose 10 pounds (RNR)
  • exercise 5 times per week (YES!)
  • strength training 2 times per week (YES!)
  • Eat more healthy (Opportunity for improvement)
  • Cut down on wine (YES!)
  • SHARE: Worked out with trainer two days and focused on strength training. Yeah..met my goal. Cardio three times – mostly run/walk interval training and spin class on Sunday…woohoo, goal met! Eating…definitely need some improvement in this category – so hard to avoid that darn candy jar and lot’s of leftover Halloween treats. Water…still needs improvement, but most days I got at least 6-8 glasses, so happy about that. Wine…still a weakness, but getting better. Have only had a couple glasses of wine this week (and it was red wine…isn’t that good for the heart??)
Becca
  • Lose 25 pounds (RNR this week for a total loss of  4.6 pounds)
  • exercise 4 times per week (RNR)
  • fit into a size 4 (in progress)
JD
  • Lose 10 pounds (Same weight as last week for a total loss of 1 pound) 
  • SHARE: Well the scale is not budging...maybe it's broken? Hahaha. More activity this week, but still a hard time with those darn sweets ! I feel like I need to give them up cold turkey, but I just don't feel quite ready to do that yet! I bought mini peppermint patties and that may be a good snack for those that have self control. They are low fat and dark chocolate, but I can't stop at just 1! Any tips from anyone else with a wicked sweet tooth?
  • Note from Natalie: Thank you to everyone that gave ideas for satisfying your sweet tooth on Facebook. That is awesome. 
Kari
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 1.5 pounds for a total of 5.5 pounds) 
Marilyn
  • Lose 25 pounds (Lost 2 pounds for a total loss of 8 pounds)
  • exercise 3 times per week (Opportunity for improvement)
Milt
  • Lose 40 pounds (Lost 3 pounds for a total loss of 7 pounds)
  • exercise 2 times per week (RNR)
Joe R
  • Lose 20 pounds (RNR)
  • swim 30 laps (in progress) 
MCS
  • Lose 15 pounds (Gained 2 pounds for a total loss of .4 pounds)
Bry-Guy
  • Lose 10 pounds (Same weight as last week for a total loss of 4.6 pounds)
Michelle
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost .4 pounds)
Rustin
  • Lose 15 pounds (Lost 0 for a total loss of 2 pounds)
  • stop smoking (work in progress) 
  • SHARE: Lost 5 then gained 5
SDtS Waseca Chapter (SHOUT OUT!!) 
Members: Camille, Kateo  Patrice (The goals are the same for all members)
  • Lose 15 pounds
  • workout 5 times per week
  • drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
  • eat 5 fruits and/or veggies a day
  • make healthy dining decisions.  More calories = more exercise
Camille
  • No specifics reported this week (See Kateo's Share)
Kateo
  • No specifics reported this week
  • SHARE: I am reporting for both Camille and I tonight. We both held our own.....Too bad we aren't at an ideal wt!
 Patrice
  • RNR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com