So I have been working on devising a plan for myself for weeks now. How to make sure I get my exercise in, and don't treat my return trip to Minnesota as a workout-free vacation, like I usually do. How to keep my calorie/fat intake to a minimum while still enjoying myself, and not feeling completely deprived. It is going to be a challenge - I am not deluding myself into believing it is going to be easy - but I am also sure I can do it. Here is what I've come up with so far:
- I have contacted a local gym, and will be going to do my weight lifting at 6 or 6:0am on Thursday. From there I am going to head to Dynamic Fitness, where Molly has been kind enough to throw an earlier bootcamp class in the mix, and let her kick my ass for a while.
- I am going to hope and pray that the fact that I went and busted my rear in the morning will help me not want to eat like a pig the whole day. It has been working for the last couple of days in my cocoon - so I'm going to take it out in the real world, and see how it goes.
- I will not eat appetizers. I will eat only at mealtime, and I will not go back for seconds.
- I will have all of the things that I want, but in much smaller quantities than usual.
- I know that people in the know suggest getting out and going for a walk after lunch, but let's be serious. It is cold, and I am dressed up. Well - maybe not dressed up....but I am in jeans instead of FPs. I am not going out and freezing my ass off (the result if I walk slow enough to not turn into a complete sweaty mess) to go for a walk. Instead, I will try and help do dishes (I saw something about a 150# person burns 156 cals/hour washing dishes) and then I will remove myself from the food.
- For dinner, I will repeat the same plan.
What tips do you have for enjoying your holiday, without blowing your whole week?