Tuesday, November 16, 2010

SDtS: The Movement

While I was thinking about how quickly this year is passing by, and looking at all of the things I would like to accomplish (beyond just weight loss) - I started to make a list of the attributes I would like to strive toward.  Some of them I feel like I already have, some of them I think I have moments of, and some have just been downright elusive.

I was also thinking of the type of person that follows this blog - and I swear you guys have the "kindness" and "supportive" characteristics I desire in spades!  (do you guys read the comments people leave?  If not, you should!  SDtS readers are fantastic!!)  I am trying to learn from each of you, and make your great traits part of mine.

Here is my list so far.  For the purposes of this list, SDtS = me, and all of you.  It is someone who is old or young, fat or thin, male or female.  It is everyone who is trying to do something positive.

SDtS is...  kind/giving/supportive.  They operate under the old rule: if you don't have any anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  They show support for friends and strangers, alike.  Now this is one for me to work on.  I have definitely had moments of being a grade-A bitch....but I am working on it. You guys are making me better.

SDts is...  selfish.  They realize that if they don't take care of themselves, they can't really take care of anyone else.  Their job, kids, relationships - everything will suffer if they don't make "me" a priority.

SDtS has...  a sense of humor.  They realize that being able to laugh at themselves, or their situation, makes everything much more bearable.  I tend to be a little self-deprecating, but it helps me deal with what is going on with me.  It is like my crutch.

SDtS is...  human.  They make mistakes. They suffer set-backs. They pick themselves up. They try to do better. They get frustrated. They keep going. 

SDtS is...  green.  Whether it is recycling, using a water bottle rather than buying bottled water all of the time, carpooling, walking from that end parking spot rather than driving around the parking lot for 5 minutes looking for a better one, driving a fuel efficient car.  I used to work for a recycling company, so I try to conscious of my "carbon footprint" - granted, this can only go so far.  I could never drive a "Smart" car unless they put a bench in for the front seat and put the steering wheel in the middle.  Seriously - my butt is way to big to fit in only 1/2 of that thing!!


SDtS is...  daring.  Whether it is jumping out of a plane, self-promoting themselves, walking up to a stranger and introducing themselves - doing anything outside their comfort zone.  They are willing to take the leap.

SDtS is...  open-minded.  In this world where kids are killing themselves left and right because they are being bullied for being different, SDtS realizes the world would be extremely boring if we were all the same.  We realize that not everyone that is different from us is a fanatical nut-ball out to ruin our existence.  We embrace our differences, and realize maybe we could all learn from each other?  Just a thought...I'll get off my soapbox, now.

SDtS is...  optimistic.  They fight their inner defeatist, and believe they can make their dreams come true - whatever those may be.  They know they can do whatever they set their mind to, they just have to be willing to work for it.  "If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought"-Peace Pilgrim

SDtS is...  confident and SEXY.  They realize that you don't have to be a certain size, or a certain color, or look a certain way, to be absolutely fantastic.  Carry yourself like you're the greatest thing going, because SEXY is a state of mind.  We are all bringing SEXY back!

What attributes do you think "SDtS" has, or should strive toward?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com