Sunday, November 21, 2010

SDtS Mission 101: Week 5

It is hard to believe it has already been five weeks since you guys were awesome enough to join me on this mission. There are a few of you that have had smooth sailing since we got started, but most of us have had our ups and downs. Some of us are in a constant battle with chocolate, some of us have forgotten how to do basic math, and some have stopped reporting all together. In spite of the downs - which I have definitely experienced myself - it sounds like everyone has made positive strides. They may not be huge. They may not seem like much of a win to the person that is making them. But they are real. I am so proud of all of you, and so grateful to all of you listed below for sticking with this!

We are heading in to a week that has a high probability of being fairly brutal for all of us. If you ask people what is the first thing they think of when you mention "Thanksgiving" - my guess is that the large majority would mention food. I love the holiday season - but will fully admit that I am not looking forward to trying to avoid the super-calorie, super-fat, super-sugar foods. The best any of us can hope for is to make better decisions than we did last year. Or you can just say "screw it" - because it is only one day. As long as leftovers don't turn it into a week of eating this crap, enjoy yourself!

For those that want some better options - I will have some healthier swaps that I've found in my posts next week. If you have healthier options you'd like to share, please email them to me, and I'll include them for everyone.

You are all fantastic! GOOD LUCK this week...however you decide to handle it! =)

For this week - If people didn't respond, I didn't include them in the update.

Gela
  • Lost 1.2 pounds for a total loss of 1.8 pounds
  • Ran 10 miles - GOAL MET!
Ashley
  • SHARE: Ugh life is hard!!!! I didn't meet any of my goals but I've done better than before. I have had a huge lack of energy this week then realized suddenly why - I wasn't eating breakfast or lunch! I cant believe I didn't even notice and now it makes me wonder how often it does happen. So my goal for this next week is going to be go grocery shopping and EAT! Oh I did actually do one goal - I have primped every day this week and I have been a lot more positive about myself :)
  • note from natalie: I don't know that I have ever "forgotten" to eat lunch, but I can only imagine it wipes you out! You gotta eat to lose, girl! 
cjFh
  • Lost 2 pounds for a total loss of 13 pounds
  • Ran 24 miles, for a total of 124 (Total Goal: 151)
Dawn
  • Lost 1.4 pounds for a total loss of 4.8 pounds
  • Exercised 5 times (GOAL of 4 MET!)
  • QUESTION: I have a question, do I have to weigh myself next friday morning? Can I do it a day early before I attend 3 different thanksgivings? Scary! 
  • note from natalie: I would say no, but I guess I won't technically know when you weigh yourself. Maybe weighing in Friday morning will help stay in check a little bit? Or not - - but that is life. It is a holiday, so you should enjoy yourself. But maybe you'll make a couple of better choices? Which is the goal of Mission 101...  =)
Hillary
  • Lost .4 pounds for a total loss of 1.6 pounds
  • Exercised 3 times (GOAL MET!)
Jason/Vic Amore'
  • Lost 1 pound for a total loss of 5 pounds
  • Made lunch every day (GOAL MET!)
  • Walked/Ran 1 mile/day twice (Goal: 7)
Jennifer D
  • Maintained weight for a total loss of 1 pound
  • SHARE: I am in a holding pattern...something about being on a "diet" or some type of restriction just makes me want stuff more! :( Still doing a little more activity, but wow is the chocolate devil in me coming out strong. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am jealous of/happy for and irritated by people that are doing well and have some self control! Good job everyone! I need a kick in the ass! 
  • note from natalie: maybe leave the chocolate in your car - none allowed in the house. If you really need it, you can go get it. But if you are just eating because you're bored, it won't seem worth it to go out and get it? Just an idea....
Joe R
  • SHARE: If you can't channel MLK Jr - channel Martin Luther.  "If you must sin- sin boldly"
  • Yesterday was my birthday.  Enough said about weight goals.
Kari
  • Lost .5 pounds for a total loss of 6 pounds
  • SHARE: I'm really happy about this 1/2 pound loss. I thought for sure I would be UP a 1/2 pound. I had too many days off this week 
Kate
  • Lost 1 pound for a total loss of 9.2 pounds
  • Walked 10,000 steps 4 days (Goal: 7)
  • SHARE: 1 whole pound this week, woo hoo! No rounding either. Hehe! Almost lost a decade…hoping to maintain this week with Thanksgiving! Walked 10,000 4 days this week…hard with it being cold now. Can’t stand the treadmill.
  • note from natalie: Totally agree about the treadmill. Unfortunately, it seems like a treadmill is a necessary evil. I cannot even think about bundling up to walk outside - and battle the ice - so I have to suck it up.
Kim
  • Lost 3 pounds for a total loss of 7.2 pounds
  • SHARE: I worked hard this week!  I had a few days where I could have easily talked myself into staying home but I made it every day. 
  • FOOD SUGGESTION: I am also loving the low carb WHITE tortillas – they have 9 grams of fiber in each one and are very filling!  I think the brand is Cruz.  It’s the first low carb tortilla I’ve had that doesn’t taste low carb. 
  • note from natalie: self-talks are a powerful thing! 
B-Linda
  • Lost .5 pounds for a total loss of 2 pounds
  • 7 hours of sleep five nights! (Goal: 4)
Linda Lou
  • Maintained weight for a total loss of 5 pounds
  • SHARE: Ready to do some meal planning this weekend to prep for next week.
Lisa
  • Lost 2 pounds for a total loss of 1 pound
  • SHARE: I stepped on the scale at least 2 times. I could not believe it! I did cut down on the wine and I did not stay completely away from baked potato chips but I did cut back and the ribeye I did not stay away but I did reduce my my intake. I'm still going to shoot to cut out these things but it may take more than a week to accomplish this. But my efforts did pay off and I'm so happy that I could report jubalation instead of frustration this week
  • note from natalie: congrats! this whole process is about adjustments!
Mackenzie
  • SHARE: I have gained a couple of pounds- but have not pooped much.  So I think that could be the problem.  I also have a super messed up neck so I have not worked out as much as I should.  I also went out to lunch yesterday…dang it.  Not a good week at all, again.
  • note from natalie: I wasn't sure I should include this whole "share" - but figured it was honest, so I should. Hope no one is offended. =)
Marill
  • Lost 1 pound for a total loss of 3 pounds
  • SHARE: Bit of a stressful week. Finding it hard to plan my workouts but I'm going to keep on tryin. Not going to make any new goals just going to try to keep and make all the ones I have. 
Marilyn
  • Lost 2.5 pounds for a total loss of 10.5 pounds
  • Exercised 3 times (GOAL MET)
Meg
  • Maintained weight for a total loss of 4 pounds
  • SHARE: Could have made better food choices this week and I could have worked out more. Goal for vacation is to workout 5 times. We'll be in Mexico until next Saturday so I think we'll miss next weeks weigh-in :(  
Melissa
  • Maintained weight for a total loss of 1.7 pounds
  • Exercised 4 times (GOAL MET)
  • SHARE: Well, although this week there was not a loss in weight(due to Buffalo Wild Wings Thurs Night) =) I still feel good that I made a great effort to get 4 days of workouts in and I succeeded!  Little by little goals are being met.
  • note from natalie: it doesn't have to be all of nothing!   
Milt
  • Maintained  weight for a total loss of 7 pounds
  • SHARE: Down a pants size
Molly
  • I did good on all accounts this week, maybe partly because I puked and was sick so I couldn't eat too much bad stuff!  
Nina
  • Lost .4 pounds for a total loss of 5.8 pounds 
Carrot Top
  • Gained 3 pounds for a total gain of 2 pounds
  • SHARE: More wine than working out this week.  I gaIned 3 pounds.  That time of month, too.  Waaaaah!!! Still fun to be part of this for sure though.  Thanks for the humor and inspiration.
  • note from natalie: thanks for being a part of this, and sticking with it! 
Sarah
  • I'm going to start off positive.....I did weigh myself and didn't gain this week but didn't lose...I did well on the eating this week but fought a sore throat off and on all week and didn't exercise more than once. Terrible. I know I could have exercised thru it but used it as an excuse I guess. Seeing your posts on Facebook daily really help me. :) Even if I didn't do well with exercising this week it does help me focus every day on what I want to be doing! 
  • note from natalie: thanks lady! I'll keep posting what I am doing. It also helps me, because I can't post what I don't do....I do better with babysitters.
Stephanie K/Steaming Myself to Hotness
  • Lost 1.4 pounds for a total loss of 4.8 pounds
  • SHARE: So…. I have a big reveal.  I was going to RNR. Or I was going to “forget” to report. I didn’t want to look at the scale.  I’ve had a rotten week, and I allowed other drama to let me make poor choices.  But then as I was thinking about it – I remember a friend (CJFH) that once told me that he used to lie about his golf score.  I thought “Why would someone lie about that? Who cares?”  But to him it must have mattered.  And this friend’s CJFH’s friend told him that if he cheated/lied/whatever on his golf number – that he was only lying to himself.  And so from then on he never lied about his golf score again.  So for some reason – that memory made me realize that I might as well just jump on the scale and look.   After all, I have to realize that all of my self-worth is not wrapped up in that ridiculous number on the scale right?  So I looked – and I’m reporting.  And It’s actually not that bad. You know what?  I was so scared of the scale – but if I would have looked earlier I might have realized that things weren’t that bad – and I could have corrected some of my poor choices in the end of the week.  Oh well… I’m trying to learn how to be an adult, but sometimes it’s hard.
  • note from natalie: trust me, lady. I struggle with trying to be an adult every day. 
Kateo
  • Maintained weight for a total gain of 1.1 pounds
  • SHARE: Your words were music to my ears. Well, I have gone out to eat pretty much every night this week....lots of celebrations...and, I am happy to report that although my wt. has not gone down, it has not gone up either! I going to count that as a success. I know that the worst month is ahead and if I can hold my own through it, that will be better than some past years. Stay tuned..... Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!  

Camille
  • Lost .5 pounds for a total loss of 5 pounds  
  •  SHARE: Well, once again, I've had an emotional week, which still causes me to do some emotional eating.  Anyway, Mom is finally out of the hospital, which is why Kateo replied for me last week but then I had a run in with a really sweet parent that said the only reason I went into teaching was to be mean to kids so I fell off the diet wagon once again.  Anyway, a long story shortened would be, 
    NO exercise, water, great, eating well, down another .5 for a total of 5 lbs. THIS IS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER!!!! Thanks Nad for all of the laughs and encouraging words
  • note from natalie: Anyone that knows you can really appreciate the absurdity of what that parent said to you. You are fantastic, and go so above and beyond for those kids. Unfortunately, you can't kick the parents - which is too bad for a couple of reasons: it would feel good, and it would burn calories. =)
     

1 comment:

  1. I love Stephanie's shares and can totally relate to this week's!

    ReplyDelete

Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com