Saturday, November 6, 2010

Slimming Down to Sexy: Mission 101 - Week 3

Frustration: a deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs
I think the bulk of our Mission 101 members are experiencing this particular emotion this week. Whether it is because we maybe aren't eating what we think we should, or exercising as much as we think we should, or the scale (let's face it - that thing is a bitch) isn't going down the way we wish it would. We had a couple of high spots this week (shout out to Stephanie D! Maybe we should all come help unload hay bales next time?), but for the most part we have people feeling underwhelmed by their results. But I just want to say this - as I have said before....if you did anything this week, that was any amount better for you than you did the week before, it is a success. Now let's do something this week that is better than last week. Let's kick some ass up until Thanksgiving. 
It is going to be a challenge- with it getting dark earlier, and getting colder - but we can totally do this! Let's see how much we can kick our own rear in gear, now through Thanksgiving! Let's earn that "cheat" day, by making the best choices we can between now and then! Keep using the Facebook wall to get inspiration, or share inspiration, throughout the week! Lets get everyone involved in this mission! Use your resources!

Natalie
  • Lose 46 pounds to get to 101 total LBs lost (I finally bought myself a scale. it is time to get going!!)
  • 5 days a week of weights & 40 minutes of cardio + 1 day of 60 minutes cardio (no. only 4 days  of exercise w/ my trip to MN)
  • Track all calories eaten (still BOO!! Major opportunity for improvement)
  • eat within calorie range (still BOO!! Major opportunity for improvement)
  • No booze (yes!)
  • Cut down on caffeine (YES! usually 1 can or less per day)
We had one lady drop out this week. She wanted an opportunity to concentrate on herself, without the distraction of this challenge. Best of luck to BLUESKYE! I wish you the best of luck! Please rejoin us at any time!

The updates are put in (parenthesis) behind the original goals. RNR=Results Not Reported.

Ashley
  • Walk Dog 3x/week for at least 30 minutes each
  • Exercise 3x/week in addition to dog walking
  • Sign up for Yoga to reduce stress
  • Drink at least 6 glasses of water per day
  • Adhere to 100% gluten-free diet
  • Make the time each morning to primp and stay positive about self 
  • SHARE: Ugh this week sucked! Seriously. I was on a business trip so I didn't eat very well during that (long hours + no breaks = stuffed my face) and then once I got home I got sick and was laid up for a few days. However, I did have a bit of a break through. I don't know about you but my biggest fear when flying is that I will be that person who the airlines says is too big and has to buy a second seat. Well, my flight home was sort of like this. I was in the exit row of an insanely small plane and had to use my extender belt because the seat belt just didn't fit all the way. Everyone was seated and the flight attendent was coming around and checking everything. When she got to me she said "Oh no honey we can't allow you to sit in the exit row if you have to use one of those. I'm going to need to move you to the very back of the plane where there's a few rows where no one is seated." So, in front of everyone I had to make a "walk of shame" to the very back of the plane. I was absolutely mortified. I just wanted to curl up and die or hide under a rock and never come out. While i was sitting in my seat feeling horrible I thought to myself, "don't let this ruin your entire day. its already happened, you can't do anything about it. so what if these people are judging you, you probably won't ever see them again. so don't focus on it. you're fine." So after a few calming braeths I decided to just let it go. And it worked! I didn't focus on it that day. I didn't let that incident determine my self worth. Anyway, today is the start of a new week and anothEr chance to reach my goals! 
  • It really helped me understand that other people do not have control over how I feel. That I am ultimately the one who controls that and that sometimes it requires me to be brave and trust in who I am. 
Manny
  • Lose 53 pounds (RNR)
Hillary
  • Lose 8-10 pounds (Same weight as last week)
  • Walk 3x/week
  • Cut back on emotional eating
  • SHARE: No weight loss, no weight gain. Ate too much Halloween candy, but gave most of it away. Have had a bad cold for the past 3 days, so did not exercise in 1 week. I feel lucky that I did not gain!
 Gela
  • Lose 10 pounds (Lost .8 pounds)
  • Run at least 10 miles per week (Ran 9.2 miles)
  • SHARE: Results weren't bad considering we 'vacationed' in MI last weekend & I had 4 district managers in at work most of the week.
  • TIP: Handing out mini-microwave popcorn bags instead of candy was a HIT with the kiddos and resulted in no leftover candy for me to snack on!
Sarah
  • Lose between 10-15 pounds (RNR)
  • SHARE: This was not a good week for me.....I ate too much Halloween candy because of that was afraid to weigh myself and didn't. On a better note, the end of the week was much better for me. I didn't meet my 4 times of exercise either. I have to start exercising somehow first thing in the morning. I have been so tired this week and by the time I get the kids in bed it's at least 8:30. I already get up at 6 to get ready before the kids go to school. I don't know if I can do 5am. I feel like with it getting dark at 6:30 and the school schedule I have had a terrible time finding a new workout routine. I will do better next week! I have too!
Carrot Top
  • Lose 50 pounds (Same weight as last week for total loss of 1 pound)
  • Drop 3 sizes (in progress)
  • Exercise 3x/week for 30-40 minutes (Opportunity for improvement)
  • SHARE: I have a scale!  It tells me every week I am at the same weight as last week.  I think exercise is key and I am working a lot and not building that in.
    The sedentary work lifestyle of cubicle land has me in a 10-year rut.  Very tough to break. Add the Minnesota winter and I am 50 pounds heavier than when I lived in New York and walked everywhere. Zero progress this week and I have No Halloween candy ion the house.  Grrrrrrr!!!!! 
    Mackenzie
    • Keep her weight in 5 pound range
    • Exercise 4x/week with 2 cardio days (Opportunity for Improvement)
    • Eat pizza 1x/week or less (RNR)
    • No fast food for lunch (Opportunity for improvement)
    • SHARE: I had a really bad week-  ate out for lunch twice and did not work out at all!  OH NO!  I am going today I guess but geez…

    Linda Lou
    • Lose 25 pounds (Lost 2 for a total of 7 pounds)
    • exercise 2 times per week (Opportunity for improvement)
    • eat at least 5 fruits and/or veggies per day (3 times)
    • SHARE: Even with halloween candy and book club, all was not lost this week... :) This week not so good.  After dancing up a storm at the O'Malley wedding, my heel is still hurting.  So no exercises for me
    Nina
    • Lose 25 pounds (Lost .6 for a total loss of 3.4 pounds)
    Stephanie K (aka: Steaming Myself to Hotness)
    • Lose 17 pounds (Gained .2 pounds for a total loss of 6.2)
    • see her clavicles (in progress)
    • SHARE: It could have been worse – but that’s not a really good way to get myself motivated. I’m struggling with what I want to eat vs. what I should eat.  I was excited the first week because I could incorporate one piece of chocolate and it felt like a treat.  Now, however, I’m back to thinking that even if I’ve had 4 pieces – it’s still not enough.  Also the booze from Vic Amore’s wedding did not probably help my situation – and I also had a run in with my roommate’s tortilla chips and queso.  I guess I should feel better about only gaining .2 lbs!  But I don’t. Must have a better number on the scales next week.
    Dawn
    • Lose 10 pounds (Lost .2 pound for a total loss of 2.2)
    • exercise 4 times per week (yes! actually 6!!) 
     Lisa
    • Lose 30 pounds (Same weight as last week)
    • SHARE: I lost 1 lb very excited but then I gained it back oops got a little to confident. I'm gonna keep trying! My work out are going good I'm only in pain a few days a week rather than all the time. I pretty sure I can feel my bicep now that is also encouraging now I just need to combine calorie reduction with the work out. Usually I tend to focus on one or the other rather that diet and exercise combined it is my ultimate goal and I have a few days of success see the scale go down the up the calories again. I'm focused and hopefully next week I will see the scale go down and stay down.
      Jason (aka: Vic Amore')
    • Lose 30 pounds (RNR this week for total loss of 1.5)
    • travel without the flight attendants commenting on "alleged"hangover into aisle (in progress)
    • In Jason's defense - he is on his honeymoon!
    Kim
    • Lose 15 pounds (Gained 1.5 pounds for a total loss of .2 pounds)
    • SHARE: ugh.  Damn you jumbo boxes of junior mints, damn you.
    B-Linda
    • Lose 8 pounds (Lost 0 pounds for a total .5 pounds)
    • get 7 hours of sleep at least 4 times per week (YES!!!) 
    • (after I commented that for B-Linda, the sleep is probably the much more important goal for her, I received this response. SHOUT OUT for using the term FUPA!!) SHARE: I was happy with no gain. I’m trying to come to terms with my weight not being that bad – just not distributed as well as I’d like. I’m trying to work on acceptance of where I am while recognizing if I lost 10-15 pounds (and could keep it off) I’d be ecstatic…though probably still not happy with the distribution. The FUPA and leg fat sag will likely always bug me
    Kate
    • Lose 25 pounds (Lost 2 pounds for a total of 7.6 pounds)
    • walk 10,000 steps a day (2 days, yes! 2 days really close = YES!) 
    • SHARE: It was a struggle this week...had two “oh f*&k it” kind of days. I’m trying to make myself aware of the emotional tie I have with food.
    Melissa
    • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 1.2 for a total loss of 1.7 pounds)
    • exercise at least 4 times per week (yes! Actually 6!!!) 
    • SHARE: I worked out 6 times this week--whoa!  I needed all the help I could get to burn of halloween candy! Anyway, I managed to lose 1.2 pounds this week(what I gained last week).  I am very happy with that! 
    cjFh
    • Lose 14 pounds (Lost 2 pounds for a total of 8 pounds)
    • run 151 miles (ran 18.5 miles for a total of 56 miles)
    Stephanie D
    • Lose 35 pounds (Lost 4 pounds for a total loss of 7 pounds)
    • prepare 3 healthy meals for her, and her family, per week (RNR)
    • SHARE: HUGE WEEK for me.....Lost 4lbs!!!!!!!!!!  In HUGE part to the fact we bought a horse farm that has 24 stalls, and 350 bales of hay that needed to get put up in one day!!!!  Oh well I'll take it.....I really want to try to cut out the fast food, OR if I HAVE to go (convience for the kids sake) then I will only be allowed to order salad or something a bit healthier........and DRINK MORE WATER!!!!! 
    Molly
    • eat clean, with no binging (pretty good)
    • One can of soda per day (Great!)
    • SHARE: Felt super good about this week.  Did great on limiting my soda.  Drank more water and that was awesome.  Did okay on clean eating but so much better on not bingeing.  Ate some halloween candy but nothing crazy and no other crazy eating episodes.
    Marill
    • Lose 10 pounds (Same weight as last week for a total loss of 1 pound)
    • be able to wear a tight shirt without a gut (in progress)
    • move a notch on her belts (in progress) 
    • SHARE: OH man! Well I don't think I had too much of a problem with the Halloween candy after I made my 4 a day rule. I didn't loose or gain but I could have done better! Lookin forward to next week after I kick this stupid cold that makes me only wanna sleep.
    Meg
    • Lose 15 pounds (Remained the same for a total loss of 2 pounds)
    • fit into her "skinny" clothes again (in progress)
    • P90X
    • SHARE: Not the best week for me:(
      • Lost 0lbs. Still at 143lbs.
      • Did not work out as much as I planned to.
      • Did not eat the foods that I should have been eating.
      • ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT!
         
      Boooo!!!
    CCS
    • lose 25 pounds (Same weight as last week for a total loss of 2.2 pounds)
    • increase activity (RNR)
    • eating treats means exercise first
    • SHARE: I stayed the same weight this week.  I honestly feel like the scale hates me!  I  even had people at work comment that I look like I have lost weight...but the scale won't budge.  Its very frustrating.  I do feel a lot better then I did a couple of weeks ago because I have exercised 5 times a week, increased fruits and veggies, and I've been sleeping better.  I am glad that I have a support group to know I am not the only one who is struggling.  I am hoping one of these weeks my body will kick into "weight loss" mode.  I hope everyone did well this week.
       
      Sincerely,
       
      "frustrated" CCS
    Ann
    • lose 10 pounds (RNR)
    • exercise 5 times per week (RNR)
    • strength training 2 times per week (RNR)
    • Eat more healthy
    • Cut down on wine 
    Becca
    • Lose 25 pounds (RNR this week for a total loss of  4.6 pounds)
    • exercise 4 times per week (RNR)
    • fit into a size 4 (in progress)
    JD
    • Lose 10 pounds (Same weight as last week for a total loss of 1 pound) 
    • SHARE: I read your message minutes after downing the last chocolate of the Halloween candy bowl. :( A big boooooo for me this week! Stress plus chocolate everywhere = no willpower for this chica! Sorry! I hope others had an easier time!
    Kari
    • Lose 10 pounds (Lost .5 pounds for a total of 4 pounds) 
    Marilyn
    • Lose 25 pounds (RNR this week for a total loss of 7 pounds)
    • exercise 3 times per week (RNR)
    Milt
    • Lose 40 pounds (RNR this week for a total loss of 2 pounds)
    • exercise 2 times per week (RNR)
    Joe R
    • Lose 20 pounds (same weight as last week?)
    • swim 30 laps (in progress) 
    • SHARE: (I couldn't get his response to transfer - but it was basically a screaming face. I don't take that as a good sign?)
    MCS
    • Lose 15 pounds (Gained 1 pound for a total loss of 2.4 pounds)
    • SHARE: Well, Halloween candy has also gotten the best of me.  There is nothing better than half a bowl (and by bowl I mean the big serving bowl, not the small cereal bowl) to combat stress......
    Bry-Guy
    • Lose 10 pounds (Lost 2.4 pounds for a total loss of 4.6 pounds)
    Michelle
    • Lose 10 pounds (gain?)
    • SHARE: ok it is depressing but I gained so no good updates for me- blaming myself for eating candy and getting sick though...so that is an improvement taking responsibility.
    Rustin
    • Lose 15 pounds (RNR this week for a total loss of 2 pounds)
    • stop smoking (work in progress) 
    SDtS Waseca Chapter (SHOUT OUT!!) 
    Members: Camille, Kateo  Patrice (The goals are the same for all members)
    • Lose 15 pounds
    • workout 5 times per week
    • drink 6-8 glasses of water a day
    • eat 5 fruits and/or veggies a day
    • make healthy dining decisions.  More calories = more exercise
    Camille
    • Lost .5 pounds for a total loss of 4.5 pounds
    • Exercise: 2 huge hikes(thank you Kory) otherwise, room to improve
    • Water: room to improve
    • did well on fruits and veggies
    • SHARE: If I ever thought this was going to be a race............need I be reminded, one small step at a time. Halloween candy was not a problem, I just buy things I don't like but the failed referendum caused a huge night of backlash, who cares, I want to eat and forget everything else.  Out of my system now and back on track.
    Kateo
    • Gained .5 pound for a total of up 1.1 pounds
    • SHARE: I am up .5 this week. My Mom was hospitalized on Monday and things have been up and down all week. A lot of grabbing food on the go, and absolutely no exercise. I am hopeful that next week will be better. Hope the others had a good week.
     Patrice
    • Gained 1 pound for a total loss of .5 pounds
    • SHARE: Not a great week

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please share! Or email me at: slimmingdowntosexy@gmail.com